Sunday, August 9, 2015

I'm Serious



My idea of a perfect Sunday is laying by the pool reading or listening to a new novel. Recently I made some friends at our complex's pool. It seemed great they drank their alcoholic beverages, I sipped my water, we had great conversations.  Well as the saying goes, "It's all fun and games until someone gets drunk and starts degrading other people." Seriously?

It is NEVER okay to catcall another human being. It's not okay to degrade another person in any form. Male, female, black, white, young, or old. I do not care. Woman, (especially for this instance) are not pieces of meat. We don't go out to the pool to be degraded,(Yes, I know woman degrade men too, but I can't personally say I've experienced that) we go out there to relax and have a good time. If you think we put on a bikini so you can have your ego stroked you are so far mistaken.

This has to stop. Women are not objects!! They do not dress to please you and if you don't have enough self control to keep your dirty thoughts from coming out of your disgusting mouth, please do the public a favor and never leave your house. It's not okay to comment inappropriately on a woman's body, EVER. Let's just make it a rule to not comment on anyone's body inappropriately, period. I'm just so bewildered and upset. No one should have to think about what kind of image they're portraying when they get dressed in the morning. If I want to go relax by the pool I should be able to in peace. I'm not the type of girl who flaunts her body. I don't need your comments or catcalls. I don't have daddy issues and I have a wonderful husband who wants more than anything to punch you in the face right now. 

Some would say, "Well why wasn't your husband down at the pool with you?" Because I'm a grown woman and should be able to enjoy the pool I pay for, without needing back up. Is this really what the world has come to? I can't even enjoy a Sunday by the pool without getting verbally harassed!!

Lastly, let's get something straight. If I talk to you and I'm nice, it's because I'm a genuinely nice
person. I'm happily married and have no reason to flirt with you. I assure you I'm just being nice. So do me a favor and leave me alone.


(Drops mic, steps off soap box...for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment