Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Book Store

I know it's been a while.  For some reason I haven't been feeling very inspired lately, but I think I have my juices back.  One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is go to the book store with Cody.  We have one in particular I absolutely love.  It is called Half off Books. Maybe it's a franchise, but this particular one is adorable.  It's fairly small, but filled to capacity with used books, movies, magazines, games and everything in between.  My favorite part by far is all the used books.

When I walk the aisles I think of all the thousands of adventures people have been on inside those books.  All the strangers that have enjoyed some of the adventures I've enjoyed. And all the many other adventures I have yet to share with complete strangers through their used book.  I love imagining the person reading the book in my hand in exotic places.  Smiling at the funny parts and enjoying the book as much as I had.  As for books I haven't read.  I love picking out the most worn out copy.  Not because it's cheaper, but because I feel it was a well loved by someone.  I picture it being read dozens of times.  Being cherished by someone I have never met. And I hope that I will get to cherish it as much as the stranger did.

Books are my escape.  When I feel stressed out or that life is spinning out of control.  I pick up a book and it is an instant relief.  It relieves all the tensions of daily life and let's me escape into a new place.  A place I've never been or that doesn't even exist.  But when I'm reading it doesn't matter for I am one with the book.  I am now there with the characters having grand adventures. Contemplating and thinking things that I had never crossed my mind before.

Maybe I'll start doing book reviews on here.

What are your thoughts?  Do you love books and book stores as much as me?  What's your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment