Saturday, July 5, 2014

Independence Day 2014

I would feel ungrateful if I didn't start off this post by saying thank you. Thank you to all of the men and women who sacrifice their lives every single day for my freedom. I know freedom isn't free and because of all of you who serve I have my feedom. God Bless America.

This year we decided to go to our town's Independence Day Festival. The headliner was the band Kansas. We ended up running into one of my many "Texas mom's". We ended up hanging out with her family the whole night and it was a blast.

After the fireworks Cody and I had a game plan to get to the car as fast as we could to beat traffic. We were almost to our car when we noticed a family with their car's hood up and distress written on their faces. Cody and I in unison asked if they needed a jump. They looked relieved and told us yes. We were in my car, but thanks to my wonderful dad I always have jumper cables in my car. We walked to my car drove through the maze of parked cars and Cody proceeded to jump the strangers car. 

Now I don't say this to toot my own horn, but the entire time I sat in the car I watched hundreds of people walk past us and no one said a word. Not one other person offered to  help. We weren't able to start their car, but we tried and that's more than the hundreds of other people can say. I'm glad that Cody and I were both raised in a way that helping others is a priority.

Let's remember the foundation of this beautiful country. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment