Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Wedding Priorities

When planning a wedding on a budget you'll read dozens of articles telling you to pick your personal must haves vs your not so much haves.  I've read dozens of articles about how to keep your budget down and this and that, but I really like the idea of priorities.  Today I'm going to tell you my priorities for my wedding.  These are THE most important things to me and are as follows.

Photography.  My parents had a "friend" of theirs take their wedding pictures. They now only have about a handful of pictures from that day. Most of which are blurry.  It makes me so sad. I definitely want to learn from their mistake and higher a high quality photographer that will be all ours for our big day. I want engagement pictures, bridal pictures and of course the ceremony and reception.

My number 2 (which is a very very close second) is a Videographer.  Truth is I spend a lot of my slow days at work watching random people's wedding videos.  I love all the emotion you get to see.  I love hearing the speeches and the exchanging of vows.  I love when the bride and groom answer corky questions about each other and their relationship.  I love seeing the first dance and seeing the bride/groom cry in real time. I love how you get to know them individually and as a couple. I pretty much love it all. And if I love all that stuff about random strangers videos, imagine how I'll feel about my own? Long story short having a Videographer is very very important to me.

Rounding out the top 3  is flowers.  I know for most people that sounds strange.  And you're probably wondering who will even notice if I have real flowers or fake flowers?  The answer to that question is I will notice.  I notice at other people's weddings so I will definitely notice at my own.  I grew up around plants and flowers.  In the house that I grew up in my parents grew all kinds of flowers.  From rose bushes, peonies, tulips, daisies and everything in between.  Nothing can beat the smell and color of fresh real flowers.   I know it's a huge expense, but just because I want real flowers doesn't mean I have to have a huge budget.  I will find a way to make sure I stay within my budget and get real flowers.  I know it will take time and extra effort on my part and I'm 100% okay with that.

I know I will have to cut some things to get what I really want and that's OK.  That is the exact reason I have my priorities so I know where to say no and where not to.

Note: My dress didn't make the top three because I have to have a wedding dress so I don't feel like it needs to be on this list.  I don't think anyone would appreciate a naked bride.




No comments:

Post a Comment